- ABOUT US
Pillar Credit Union is a great place to work! See below for current available positions.
At Pillar Credit Union, we work hand in hand with our members to keep them on the right track with their money. Every member of our team plays a role in this - including people who work behind the scenes.
As our next Accounting Clerk, you’ll do much more than pay invoices. You’re a key player in our relationship with the many vendors we partner with to give our members a top notch banking experience. You’ll verify numbers and information from our hard-working frontline staff. You’ll help to spot mistakes and fix them before they become a bigger problem.
Your love of numbers and spreadsheets will come in handy because there’s lots of areas where we’ll need help balancing. And that attention to detail here will make a positive impact for the rest of the credit union (including the thousands of people who bank with us).
If this sounds like the kind of difference you're interested in making, we want to meet you. Please download and complete the employment application. Send that along with your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Here are the specifics of the position:
Follow detailed and standardized procedures in performing routine accounting clerical operations. Perform a variety of support duties related to the accounting function within the credit union.
- Perform a variety of activities to assist the manager in maintaining the financial, statistical, and accounting records of the credit union.
- Enter data into accounting systems and generate reports on a daily basis. Prepare various financial, regulatory, and special reports on a weekly, monthly, and quarterly basis as requested by management.
- On a daily basis, verify and balance teller sheets from all locations. Total checks and prepare deposit slips for daily bank deposit. Verify that checks received from members have restricted endorsement. Run tapes of check vouchers, receipts, and offline items.
- Assist share draft department in encoding errors, late returns, and other problems. Batch checks in numerical order, indicating missing stubs.
- Journalize all necessary transactions and make sure everything is in balance.
- Review and enter employee expenses into the general ledger.
- Post some general ledger entries, and proof totals with the general ledger system. File and store general ledger journals daily.
- Prepare accounts payable checks after receiving proper authorization.
- Reconcile card statements and share draft statements.
- Process daily electronic transmissions.
- Maintain working knowledge of various account software programs.
Member Services Representative (two positions available)
Hours between 30 - 40 per week
At Pillar Credit Union, we work hand in hand with our members to keep them on the right track with their money. Nobody does this more than our Member Services Representatives (MSRs).
They might look like tellers, but our MSRs do much more than handle transactions. They also build real relationships with our members and guide them towards even greater financial fitness every single day. We don't want our staff to SELL anything - we want you to SOLVE member problems by letting them know about our solutions.
If this sounds like the kind of difference you're interested in making, we want to meet you. Please download and complete the employment application. Send that along with your resume to email@example.com.
- Passion for empowering and encouraging others
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Ability to pass a background check and drug test
- Prior customer service and cash handling experience preferred
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Must be able to lift up to 25 lbs
- Ability to work a weekly schedule which includes every other Saturday
Products and Services